Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mad Cow Disease?!?!

So the kids have been taking turns being sick this week. Kallie started it off Sunday with a high fever (103.8) and saying her belly hurt. The next day a not so high fever and she said her belly broke again..meaning it started hurting again. The next day she was fine, but Keeg came down with a high fever (103.6). He never really complained of a belly ache... but what 18 month old can? so for two days he was feeling yucky. Then he starts feeling better and Shantel gets it, I am thinking man what's the deal. Must be a typical virus. So I wasn't to concerned because the other kids were fine after 2 days. Well day 2 comes and Shantel is screaming because her belly hurst so bad and now says her throat hurts. I have her open up and say Aaahhhh! Her tonsils are huge and there are a bunch of tine white dots all over the back of her throat. I think to myself....yuck it's got to be strep. So I call the doc and he is full so I get Shantel in with his partner. Well Toby our wonderful ped, snuck us in on his schedule. So we get to the office and they do a strep test. (Shantel was so brave) and what do you know NEGATIVE! What the! So Toby comes in to give us the news, looks in her throat and says, oh yeah it's not strep, it's Hand Foot Mouth. GROSS! Ok it is not the same as what the cows get, but disgusting just the same. and guess what it is a virus and you can't do anything about it. I am never going to the doctor again! Oh and the next day...Shantel was fine. Ahh the life of kids and viruses!

No comments: