Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kindergarten and honesty

Today was Shantel's first day of Kindergarten and my birthday. I can't help feeling like "hey this is my day" but this is more her day than anything. What an exciting adventure for her. She is going to Park Lane Elementary instead of Granite. 1st of all because it is closer and second; we hear it is a better school.

We have been working all summer on our reading and learning the schools Big 3. Respect, Responsibility and Safety. She can tell you those without batting an eye. Her teacher is Mrs. homer and a very nice lady. She sent out a card with her picture welcoming her students to her class, Shantel thought that was great.

Well, on the way to school she was quiet sitting in the back seat and we when we got to her school I asked if she wanted me to walk her to her class. So we park across the street and walked to class. She started getting nervous, I assured her it was going to be great. As soon as she saw her teacher all her fear left and she ran to the line to go in. She was the only one with out her mom and dad there to say goodbye and I felt like the only mom that was NOT crying. I was just so excited for her.

2 hrs and 40 minutes later Gary and I (Kallie and Keegan) went to go pick her up. She came out standing in the line and was excited to see us. She told us about her great day and all the cool things that are at school (cafeteria, library, computer room, etc.) not hard to please a 5 year old.

Later that night we were talking about school and she says "you know what? Without you at school with me was fun." Ahhh got to love that honesty. I am just glad she loves school already.

No comments: